View the PM2013 Poster Proceedings.
ACPM encourages participation in our meetings and conferences with abstract submissions of your research for poster presentation. The deadline to submit scientifc abstracts for Preventive Medicine 2013 has passed.
ABOUT THE MEETING
Preventive Medicine 2013, the annual meeting of the American College of Preventive Medicine, is the leading annual gathering of physicians, health professionals, health care organizations, government agencies, and others committed to disease prevention and health promotion. We invite proposals for presentations on research, practice, training and policy activities. The conference will present state-of-the art updates, innovations and new perspectives in four major areas:
- Population Health Practice
- Clinical Preventive Medicine and Lifestyle Medicine Practice
- Technology and Informatics
- Medical Quality
Submissions can cover any preventive medicine and public health topic. Topics addressing the conference theme "Population Health is Good Medicine: Improving the Health of People from the Clinic to the Community", adolescent health, occupational medicine/employee health and productivity, environmental health, military health, and aerospace medicine are also encouraged.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS
Abstract Submission Deadline* The submission period has ended.
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection Early December 2012
Helpful Tip: If possible, please do not wait until the day of the submission deadline to upload your abstract. The site will likely incur heavy traffic on that day, and there is an increased risk of difficulties with the process. So plan ahead and submit your abstract early!
A. Submission Procedures
The abstract submission form has been pre-formatted and there are detailed instructions on how to submit online, please follow these instructions carefully; incomplete or insufficiently completed sections will not be accepted. If you have any questions about the process, please Haydee Barno, Director, Meetings and Education. All submissions will be reviewed by members of the ACPM Scientific Abstract Review Committee. The author of each submission will be notified of the results in early December.
B. General Information/Travel/Registration Forms
1. All presenters whose abstracts are accepted for presentation (oral or poster) at Preventive Medicine 2013 are required to pay the meeting registration fees and all other expenses involved with attending.
2. Only oral presenters qualify for the $100 speaker’s discount. Poster presenters do not qualify for this discount.
3. All oral presenters are required to complete a financial disclosure form indicating any financial arrangement or affiliation with any organizations that may have a
direct interest in the subject matter of the presentation.
4. All oral presenters are also required to complete a speaker release form.
5. Presenters (oral or poster) may not use their conference presentation to market products or services.
6. Accepted abstracts will be included in the ACPM E-portal or DVD ROM and oral presentations will be posted on the meeting’s website.
C. Submission Categories
Authors of accepted abstracts for oral presentations will present their findings in concurrent sessions, which are 90 minutes in length, with approximately 15-20 minutes allotted to each presenter, depending on the number of presenters selected for that session. The final time allotment will be provided upon notification of acceptance.
Authors of accepted abstracts for poster presentations must set up their posters in the exhibit hall between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 20, 2013. Posters will remain in the exhibit hall for display until Friday, February 22, 2013. Presenters must be available to discuss their work and answer questions during the formal poster session and reception on Thursday, February 21, 2013 from 6:40 to 7:40pm. More information will be provided upon notification of acceptance.
Criteria for Evaluation of Abstracts for Oral and Poster Presentations
1. Objectives of the scientific study described are clear and consistent with the principles and methods of preventive medicine. (All sections are fully completed and address the question posed).
2. The scientific study was performed using rigorous scientific methods.
3. Results/outcomes are described and are relevant to the professional practice of other meeting participants.
4. The proposed presentation will contribute to achieving the overall Preventive Medicine 2013 conference goals.
5. The topic is relevant to the conference focus areas.
Abstracts are selected on the basis of scientific merit. Please request“oral” or “poster” presentation. ACPM will make every effort to accommodate your request. Selecting “oral” or “poster” presentation will neither prejudice acceptance nor guarantee an oral or poster presentation. Abstracts will be arranged to fit into the overall conference structure. Guidelines for presentations will be provided to authors of accepted abstracts.
D. Submission Deadline
The submission period has ended.
Recognition for outstanding presentations will be given during ACPM’s Awards Banquet on Saturday, February 23, 2013. Awards will be mailed to the presenting author only after the meeting. Categories for awards at Preventive Medicine 2013 include:
1. Outstanding Scientific Oral Presentation - One oral presentation will be selected. Residents and students are not eligible to receive this award. Selection criteria include rigorous scientific methodology, clarity, and relevance to prevention and public health.
2. Outstanding Scientific Poster Presentation - One award will be presented for outstanding poster presentation. Residents and students are not eligible to receive this award.
3. Outstanding Resident or Student Presentation - One award for an outstanding oral or poster presentation by a resident or student.
Selection criteria for scientific awards include demonstration of rigorous scientific methodology, clarity, original and creative graphic design, and relevance to prevention and public health. Please indicate on the space provided on the abstract submission form if you wish to have your presentation considered for recognition at Preventive Medicine 2013.